WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE FORUM?
The Forum at the Barbara J. Burger iZone is an informal presentation and performance space, where students go to learn new skills, present their ideas, and find inspiration.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY EVENT IS QUALIFIED TO USE THE FORUM?
To reserve The Forum, an event must:
1. Bring opportunities to students that help them do at least one of the below:
- Be inspired by diverse stories of problem solving, impact, changemaking, innovation, or entrepreneurship.
- Practice their storytelling, pitching, or presentation skills.
- Share their ideas, inspirations, and projects.
- Connect with a team, funding or support network.
2. Be open to any undergraduate for registration or attendance.
WHO CAN RESERVE THE FORUM?
University of Rochester Faculty, Staff, or Students. A community member who wishes to host an event in The Forum must do so in collaboration with a UR member.
HOW DO I RESERVE THE FORUM?
The Forum can only be reserved directly through iZone Staff. You can also check out the iZone events calendar to see everything that’s going on in all of our spaces.
Fill out this form to get the ball rolling. We’ll set up a time for you to meet with an iZone staff person to discuss your concept and go over our policies.
DO I HAVE TO RESERVE THE FORUM IN ORDER TO USE IT?
No! When no event is scheduled, The Forum functions like most of iZone: as an open, flexible space for the exploration of ideas. Feel free to do an impromptu pitch practice with your team, use the space for brainstorming, or sit down to work on a class assignment.
WHAT IS THE CAPACITY OF THE FORUM?
The Forum is a flexible space that can be setup to host a small or large group. The maximum capacity is 83. For very large events, it’s possible we can accommodate more. Email izoneRCL@rochester.edu for more information.
IS THE FORUM HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE?
At iZone it’s important to us that everyone knows that they belong and has equal opportunity to engage with our spaces, events, and resources. We have taken steps to make the iZone space accessible to all people. If you have questions or suggestions for how we could do better feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you and we’re always looking for ways to improve our spaces and services!
WHAT TECHNOLOGY IS AVAILABLE IN THE FORUM?
A screen, projector, and audio capabilities are available. Microphones can be arranged for approved events.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE TECHNOLOGY IN THE FORUM?
Look for the nearest available iZone staff or call Events and Classroom Support.
HOW DO I FIND THE FORUM?
Walk right in to iZone and you can’t miss it! You’ll find it directly to your left when you enter iZone.
WHAT ARE THE EXPECTATIONS FOR PEOPLE WHO RESERVE THE FORUM?
BEFORE YOUR EVENT
- Review this FAQ in full and ensure that you can meet all of the requirements outlined for use of the space.
- Submit a request to use the Forum. All requests must be submitted at least a week before the event.
DURING YOUR EVENT
- Promptly report any issues with The Forum to iZone staff.
- Give iZone staff the opportunity to tell event participants of offerings in iZone.
AFTER YOUR EVENT
- Reset The Forum after use.
- Fill out the provided survey to help us make The Forum the best possible resource for our partners. (This includes how many participants you had, be sure to collect that information!)
WHAT SHOULD I DO IN AN EMERGENCY?
There is an emergency exit located in The Forum. For medical emergencies, first dial [insert number] for help. Then, call iZone at [insert number]. Some of our staff is trained to assist with medical emergencies.
CAN MY RIGHTS TO BOOK THE FORUM BE REVOKED?
iZone reserves the right to suspend use of The Forum at any time due to any of these issues:
- Failure to notify iZone of event cancellation.
- Habitually leaving The Forum in a condition other than how you found it.
- Repeatedly violating any of the expectations or qualifications in this FAQ.
- Violating any of the University’s rules or policies.