WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE STUDIO?
The Studio at the Barbara J. Burger iZone is a flexible, creativity-inducing room where students go to learn new skills for problem solving as part of a class or workshop.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY CLASS OR WORKSHOP IS QUALIFIED TO USE THE STUDIO?
To reserve The Studio, a class or workshop must:
- Help students learn new skills or mindsets for exploring ideas that solve social, cultural, community or economic problems. This includes:
- Design Thinking (identifying problems, brainstorming, user research, prototyping, experimentation, etc.)
- Community engaged learning
- Storytelling and pitching
- Leadership or team building competencies
- Entrepreneurship and innovation skills
- Have a hands-on or experiential element.
- Have at least one facilitator or instructor.
- Be open to any undergraduate for registration or attendance.
WHO CAN RESERVE THE STUDIO?
University of Rochester Faculty, Staff, or Students.
HOW DO I RESERVE THE STUDIO?
The Studio can only be reserved directly through iZone Staff. Fill out this form to get the ball rolling. We’ll set up a time for you to meet with an iZone staff person to discuss your concept and go over our policies.
You can also check out the iZone events calendar to see everything that’s going on in all of our spaces.
WHAT IS THE CAPACITY OF THE STUDIO?
The Studio is setup to handle a class of 16. Depending on the session, additional chairs could be brought in to accommodate up to 25 participants.
HOW IS THE STUDIO SETUP?
The Studio is set up to accommodate small group work and collaboration, rather than lecture-style sessions.
IS THE STUDIO ACCESSIBLE?
Yes. The Studio is on the ground floor of iZone. There is a clear path to the door of the Studio with no stairs or inclines.
WHAT TECHNOLOGY IS AVAILABLE IN THE STUDIO?
A screen and projector is available for use.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE TECHNOLOGY IN THE STUDIO?
Look for the nearest available iZone staff member or call Events and Classroom Support at ###. Their number will also be posted in the Studio.
HOW DO I FIND THE STUDIO?
(1) Walk through the arch to the right of the booths on the first floor.
(2) Walk just past the iZone office and turn right.
(3) Continue down that hallway, the Studio is the door at the the very end of the hall.
WHAT ARE THE EXPECTATIONS FOR PEOPLE WHO USE THE STUDIO?
BEFORE YOUR SESSION
- Review this FAQ in full and ensure that you can meet all of the requirements outlined for use of the space.
- Submit a request to use the Studio. All requests must be submitted at least a week before the event.
DURING YOUR SESSION
- Reset The Studio at the end of every session and leave it better than when you found it!
- Promptly report any issues with the space to iZone staff.
AFTER YOUR SESSION
- Fill out the provided survey to help us make The Studio the best possible resource for our partners. (This includes how many participants you had - be sure to get a final headcount!)
WHAT SHOULD I DO IN AN EMERGENCY?
There is an emergency exit located in The Studio. For medical emergencies, first dial 585-275-3333 for help.
CAN MY RIGHTS TO BOOK THE STUDIO BE REVOKED?
iZone reserves the right to suspend use of The Studio at any time due to any of these issues:
- Failure to notify iZone of course/workshop cancellation.
- Habitually leaving The Studio in a condition other than how you found it.
- Leaving The Studio in a condition which could reasonably be considered disrespectful.
- Repeatedly violating any of the expectations or qualifications in this FAQ.
- Violating any of the University’s rules or policies.